“The MFA program was one of the best experiences of my life. Not only did I learn more than I could have ever hoped for, I met long lasting friends and collaborators and fell in love with learning because of the amazing professors.”
– Jesseca Simmons, Class of 2016
- We’re part of Northwestern University, a world-renowned research institution that encourages cross-departmental collaboration and offers fertile ground for inspiration and expression.
- Our first-class facilities and equipment include professional cameras, lighting and sound equipment, computer labs, a top-tier soundstage, film studios with 180-degree cycloramas, full lighting grids, and an extensive film library.
- Each cohort of students forms a close-knit creative community, laying the foundation for a network of lifelong partnerships.
- Students interact with film industry professionals through visiting artists and our Mentorship Board of respected filmmakers.
- Northwestern alumni are known not only for their high-profile successes in film, stage, and television, but also for their willingness to help emerging graduates. Graduates can also take advantage of the prestigious Northwestern University Entertainment Alliance.
- Our lakefront campus offers immediate access to Chicago, a city with a vibrant documentary scene, film festivals, amazing theatre, fiery politics, world-class art, colorful neighborhoods, and complex characters — all prime fodder for documentary-based work.